Saturday, July 6, 2013

And life goes on

Dear Reader,

Protests rage on in Egypt, yet life here in America continues on.  The dog is still fluffy.  I am still sick.  But I have slowly come to the realization that it is impossible to have a completely mundane day here.

Like this morning, I has brushing my teeth, when I got a phone call from Jenna.

"Are you close to internet at the moment?"
"Sure, why?"
"I need you to look up the author of Where the Wild Things Are"
So dutifully, in my bathrobe, with toothpaste still in my mouth, I went to look up this random bit of trivia.  Later, my dad was absolutely appalled that I did not know it immediately.
"Why do you need to know?"
"Well, my friends are sending me on a scavenger hunt. I woke up this morning with a note saying I should be at my friend's at 8, then they locked me in the garage..."
Jenna had then been dragged all over town, getting what sounded like a full beauty treatment.  By now I had found the author's name (Maurice Sendak for those of you playing along at home).
"Ok, there is a store named Maurice.  I guess that's where I am headed"
I am curious how things ended up.

My grandparents are basically unpacked, although now they have a hideabed that won't fit through their door.  I am not sure what they are going to do about that.

That's it for now.  As this is the second day in a row that I have posted, I am optimistic about the future.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment